You can learn so much from reading books! And that’s why many of the really successful entrepreneurs do it. Well, but where to get started? I researched 3 of the must read books for entrepreneurs you can order right now and start reading. I hope you enjoy the list.
1. “Zero to one: Notes on startups, or how to build the future”
– Peter Thiel
Entrepreneurs constantly are faced with the choice of either doing something better or something new… Peter Thiel, a co-founder of PayPal, says that it’s better to go from zero to one, which means to build something new.
“This book delivers completely new and refreshing ideas on how to create value in the world.”
– Mark Zuckerberg
Thiel writes in this book that there are 7 questions every business must answer:
- Can you create breakthrough technology instead of incremental improvements?
- Is now the right time to start your particular business?
- Are you starting with a big share of a small market?
- Do you have the right team?
- Do you have a way to not just create but deliver your product?
- Will your market position be defensible 10 and 20 years into the future?
- Have you identified a unique opportunity that others don’t see?
2. “Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration”
– Ed Catmull
Fail early, fail fast, fail fearlessly. That’s the secret for successful innovation. You will fail, that’s for sure, but if you do it early and fast enough it will cost you less and you will learn faster. Don’t see failure as something bad, but as an opportunity. “Creativity, Inc” is sure one of the must read books for entrepreneurs.
“Just might be the best business book ever written.”
Pixar is sure one of the most creative companies out there. Pixar created the first all computer animated feature film “Toy Story” when everybody else said it could’nt be done. Well today we are grateful Pixar did what they did (and they are too)!
3. “The Effective Executive” – Peter Drucker
“Long recognised in business circles as a voice to listen to”
– Harvard Business Review
- Manage time
- Focus on contributions and results
- Build on strengths
- Set the right priorities
- Make effective decisions
I don’t like too long lists, because then you still don’t know what to pick. So I did the research for you and already picked the best must read books for entrepreneurs. The only thing you have to do now is to order and start reading! I hope you’ll enjoy reading this books and that you’ll learn something new out of it.